MANTOLOKING WEDDING – ASHLEA & COLIN
Create Excitement, a New Jersey wedding DJ company, recently provided our entertainment services for Ashlea and Colin’s beautiful ceremony and wedding reception in Mantoloking in New Jersey. The day couldn’t have been more perfect, and both the ceremony and reception couldn’t have been more lovely. Considering that Mantoloking was previously devasted by Hurricane Sandy, it was amazing to see the city’s quick recovery. May Ashlea & Colin’s love be just as resilient.
About the ceremony
Ashlea & Colin’s ceremony took place at the Lavallette Gazebo on Bay Blvd. It is such a a quaint and charming location to exchange vows. Did we mention the ocean view is spectacular?
We set the tone with a sweet soundscape that included the following songs:
- Forrest Gump Suite
- Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles
- Come Softly to Me by The Fleetwoods
- Going to Carolina by James Taylor
- Wildflowers by Tom Petty
- Stand By Me by Temptations
The mother of the bride and the mother of the groom entered to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. The “brides-ladies” entered to Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles and In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. Ashlea made her grand entrance to When You Say Nothing at All by Allison Krauss. This song ALWAYS pulls at our heartstrings. Such a beautiful song, but an even more beautiful entrance by the bride. As a New Jersey wedding DJ we’ve attended several weddings and this was one of the more memorable ones.
The couple exchanged heartfelt vows, and we can’t think of a more exciting song for the recessional than an edited cut of the Indiana Jones Theme Song followed by Say Hey by Michael Franti.
As guests exited the ceremony location we played She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals, Breathless by The Corrs and I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers amongst other songs.
About the reception
The reception took place at the Mantoloking Yacht Club and this sunset reception with a bay view was truly stunning.
Ashlea and Colin made their grand entrance to Prelude/Angry Young Man by Billy Joel and their first dance was set to the tune of She’s Got A Way by Billy Joel which transitioned into: Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen. After a minute in, we invited the guests to join in so everyone can join in on the celebration.
The cocktail hour included songs like We’ve Only Just Begun by The Carpenters, Hey Jude by The Beatles, Cecilia by Simon & Garfunkel, and I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder. . . just to name a few.
The celebration continued throughout the evening. As we’ve previously mentioned we love it when couples create traditions of their own. Instead of a cake-cutting they had an “ice cream scooping” that was set to the Jaws theme song.
The party ended with Piano Man by Billy Joel and Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. Why not end the evening with two last dances?
Here are a few other songs that were requested throughout the evening:
- Africa by Toto
- Land Down Under by Men at Work
- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston
- Motown Philly by Boys to Men
- Stereo Love by Edward Maya
- Faith by George Michael
- Vacation by Go Gos
- Dagostea Din Tei by Haiducii
- Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp
- Ain’t That America by John Mellencamp
- Material Girl by Madonna
- Holiday by Madonna
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
- Your Love by Outfield
- I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred
- I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany
- It’s a Beautiful Life by Ace of Base
- Walk of Life by Dire Straits
- Saxobeat by Alexandra Stan
- Don’t Stop Believing by Journey
- I’m In Miami Bitch by LMFAO
- Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
- Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
- Paper Planes by MIA
- On the Floor by J Lo & Pitbull
- Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
- Just Dance by David Bowie
- I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
- Rolling In The Deep by Adele
- Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO
- We Found Love by Rihanna;
- You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
- Heaven by DJ Sammy
- It’s Raining Men by Geri Halliwell
- Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
- You Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer
- Give Me Everything by Pitbull
- Joy and Pain by Rob Base; Grease Mix
- DJ Got Us Fallin In Love by Usher
- Alejandro by Lady Gaga
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
- Poker Face by Lady Gaga
- Beat It by Michael Jackson
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
- PYT by Michael Jackson
- Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
- Kung Foo Fighting
- The Entertainer by Billy Joel
- Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
- Let It Be by Beatles
- Angel Eyes by The Jeff Healy Band
- Faithfully by Journey
- When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge
- Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers