Nestled in scenic Verona, New Jersey, the beautiful Red Tail Lodge at Mountain Creek Resort was an enchanting venue for Hanna and Chris to say “I do”.
Things were exciting right from the start, as the guests (as well as us) were whisked to the top of the mountain on a gondola! There the ceremony was held with a breathtaking view. The parents and grandparents of the bride and groom walked down the aisle to “In My Life” by Per-Olov Kindgren, followed by the bridal party (including the Flower Men) to “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles. Then began the Bridal Procession to Vitamin String Quartet’s version of Bryan Adams “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” (LISTEN HERE). Hanna’s mother, June, walked her down the aisle from the stairs, with her brother, Garrett, joining them partway down to the alter. Hanna’s cousin, Caroline, performed the ceremony and welcomed all with the opening remarks (which was quite sentimental for us, as we entertained at Caroline’s wedding back in 2017 at the Water Works in Philadelphia). After vows had been exchanged and the first kiss had been given, “You Are The Best Thing” by Ray Lamontagne was played for the recessional.
Following the ceremony guests enjoyed a lovely cocktail hour (that may have gone just a tad over an hour LOL), then it was time for the reception to begin. The parents started things off, entering to “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole. Next came the entire bridal party (9 pairs, WOW) to “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas. Following were Hanna and Chris, making their grand entrance for the first time as newlyweds to “I Believe In This Thing Called Love” by The Darkness.
After all entrances had been made, the first dance was performed live by Uncle Scott, covering the song “Forever Like That” by Ben Rector. Chris and his mom then did their mother and son dance to Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Simple Man” performed by Uncle Scott and Jaclyn. Then Hanna and her grandfather danced to Hootie & the Blowfish’s “Hold My Hand” performed by Uncle Scott & Camryn.
After a blessing had been made, and the welcome speech and toasts had been given, it was time for dinner. The beautiful Red Tail Lodge provided a gorgeous setting with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and elegant décor, and the food was fabulous. Once dinner was finished, it was PARTY TIME!
Here’s a look at what was played:
- How Sweet It Is – James Taylor (Cake Cutting)
- 24K Magic – Bruno Mars
- Africa – Toto
- All Star – Smash Mouth
- Baba O’Reilly – Who
- Better Now – Post Malone
- Body Like A Back Road – Sam Hunt
- Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Bulletproof – La Roux
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight – Elton John
- Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- Cheap Thrills – Sia Featuring Sean Paul
- Cheerleader – OMI
- Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
- Dance Dance – Fall Out Boy
- Dancing In The Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Family Tradition – Hank Williams, Jr.
- Fireball – Pitbull Featuring John Ryan
- Fishin’ in the Dark – The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- Free Fallin’ – Tom Petty
- Girls Like You – Maroon 5
- Grease Megamix – John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
- Honey, I’m Good – Andy Grammer
- I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
- I Love It – Icona Pop F/ Charli Xcx
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! – Shania Twain
- Mony Mony – Billy Idol
- No Scrubs – TLC
- Only The Good Die Young – Billy Joel
- Party In The U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus
- Ring Of Fire – Johnny Cash
- Rock Lobster – B-52’s
- Rude Boy – Rihanna
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Shiny Happy People – R.E.M.
- Shout – Otis Day And The Knights/Isley Brothers
- Sk8ter Boi – Avril Lavigne
- Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato
- Starving – Hailee Steinfeld & Grey Featuring Zedd
- Closing Time – Semisonic (Final Song)
And because the party wasn’t ready to stop just yet, we also did “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen as an encore! After this we announced the details of the “after party”.
We at Create Excitement were honored to be a part of Hanna and Chris’ special day and could not be any happier for the lovely couple. We wish them love and happiness for many years to come!
If you are looking to have CREATE EXCITEMENT at your big event, Contact Us by CLICKING HERE and let NJ’s Professional DJ Entertainment Service show you exactly how we can make your next event a huge success!
If this article was helpful to you please feel free to SHARE!