WEDDING SONG CHECKLIST
There are so many details to consider when planning a wedding. From the invitations, to the décor, to the honeymoon. . .and everything in between. We don’t want to add another item on your to-do list, (in fact we make this process very simple with all the couples we work with) but see the wedding song checklist below to help you plan the soundscape for your ceremony and reception.
Preparing your wedding’s soundscape is probably the most fun item you get to plan (and we’re not just saying that because we’re wedding DJs). Music expresses so many emotions, so there’s no better way to tell your love story than with songs.
At Create Excitement, we’ve made it very easy to plan the wedding soundtrack of your dreams. We compiled the following wedding song checklist with all the songs you’ll need to consider, in addition to the reception songs that will have your guests dancing all night on the dance floor. For extra inspiration, you may also browse our Song Idea Lists.
Best of all, if you choose Create Excitement as your wedding DJ, you’ll also have access to our online planning tool. . . told you we make it very easy.
Wedding Song Checklist
- Prelude Songs (typically 4-5 songs, play as guests enter the ceremony venue and take their seats)
- Processional Songs (typically 1-3 songs, play as your wedding party walks down aisle)
- Bride Entrance Songs (typically 1 song)
- Interlude Songs (1-2 songs, play in the middle of the ceremony)
- Recessional Songs (typically 1-2 songs, play as the wedding party and newlyweds recess down the aisle)
- Postlude Songs (typically 4-5 songs, play as guests exit the ceremony venue, or move into the reception space)
- Introduction Songs (typically 2+ songs, introduces the wedding party and the newlyweds)
- First Dance Song (typically 1-2 songs)
- Bride’s Dance with Father (typically 1 song)
- Groom’s Dance with Mother (typically 1 song)
- Bouquet Toss (1 song)
- Garter Removal (1 song)
- Cake Cutting Song (1 song)
- Last Song (1 song)